Monday, August 20, 2012

How to strip of Paint off Models

Thought I would share how to strip paint off of old models seeing that I got some off ebay that need to fit in to my army. Not that my painting is super good but....

So here is what you do take some pine sol and put it in a cup just enought to cover the models and then cover with a plastic bag or tin foil to keep out debris. let the cup sit over night sit.
 
The next day remove model from cup. I recomend using a glove and you will see why in a second. Take a used old toothbrush that you no longer need or a gold wire brush works even better. I used the sink in my garage becasue of the fumes, if you dont have a garage an out side water spigot works just as well.


You can now see why you need the gloves, it is a bit messy and the old paint will stick to your hands.



With a little elbow grease thye will look just about new.


Presto now they are ready for for my sub-par paint job.
Yeah I will not have to proxy my Wizard and War Priest now.

No comments:

Post a Comment