Friday, August 17, 2012

First Time Back

I finally got my list and most of my army together so I am ready to play. It has been about 5 years since I played last and this is a completely different army then I used last time, so I did not really figure on winning. There have been some rule changes so I had to used to them, not to big a deal. The biggest thing was learning how the army works in real play as to on paper.

So I go down to the closest game store last Wednesday because I learned that when people mostly play fantasy. I find a game get set up with this kid Tyler and ask “what army do you run?” He says “Oh, Warriors of Chaos.” I’m thinking oh great this is going to suck. Fist time back new rules new army and up against the most kill happy hard as nails army in the game. Also I had up to this point never played a WoC army: but by reputation alone not psyched about it.

Tyler was pretty cool in filling me in on new rules and changes as we went and was not a rule Nazi: just a friendly game.

Chaos knight and Muraders on the right
Warrior Nugling and what ever there war alter thing is and Demon Prince in the Middle and some lesser Demon somethings to the left. Also lvl 2 mage.


Left to right (how we do it in America son) Inner Circle Knight, reg. Kights


Cross bows, a block of Halberiers with a war priest with detchements of Spears and Archers. Hiding in the back I have my lvl 4 proxy of a Wizard (waiting on model in the mail thats what happens when you buy from the U.K)
the Black thing is Karl Franz on Deathclaw (I'll expalin in a min.) 2 Cannons and some ill placed Rikes Kights: with a witch hunter floting around for no reason.

Start Turn 1
He wins first turn and move froward jumping his Demon Prince Forward and make some other little move I also do the same uneventfull turn 1 stuff. Magic cast all dipelled no big deal. His Cannon fails what ever test it needs to be use full. My cannons do nothing due to bonching and rules that i look up later tell me that some thing I was told about the cannon in this game not quite right. Next time Gadget.
Turn 2


Demon Prince Slams my archer, Chaos Knight in to my spears. I Learn a Leason on how not to use detachments. Me thinks to keep the base unit ahead of detachents.   I am not sure if thats as true as he said; we will see in the future. Spears run off after loseing combat.

Turn 3
Uneventful magic he cast rot and rolled bad causeing very little damage to me. I regen some wounds with lore of life. I get ant-sy and charge with my Knight.
Lose badly with my IC Knight which run off the board eventually.

On My turn Karl Franz Kills Deamon Prince which is explanded to me after the game was a destraction because the demon prince in not that tought, but looks scary.
Knights win combat on Warriors and run them down. Made me happy =)

Halbards Charge Chaos Kights: Lose battle but stick.

Turn 4
Nurgling Charge Halbards Spears Rally. Rikes Knight move some where they can do some good, becuase there stupid general put them be hind some crossbows.
On my turn I charge my Rikes Knight in to the Nurglings and Spears into the Chaos Kights.  Karl Franz goes to kill some war machines to get me some more points.

Turn 5
Lose all Infantry in battle, Knight do Damage to Nuglings.
Karls wipes out cannon

I lose my cannons and every thing on the right side of the board.

And lose just about every other Combat there is for the rest of the game leaving me at the end with only Karl left. Sooo.....I lost, But leard some good lesons.


Now when I made my list I did not know how many points they usally play so I was under pointed by about three to four hundred. Tyler let me make some quick changes and let me use that black model for Karl because I had brought him on horse back. I think a diffrent magic would have been good and a few other things I will Tweek. Next time will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment